Latest update: 05/06/2012
- banking - finance - Jérôme Kerviel - Société Générale
Can banking clean up its act? Kerviel appeal follows fresh trading scandals (part 2)
Four years after Société Générale first accused a rogue trader of blowing €4.9bn, why have so many more scandals followed... and why are so many of the accused French? François Picard’s panel looks at Jérôme Kerviel’s case and the upside-down universe of investment bank trading.
- Julia CAGÉ, Economist at Harvard University and Paris School of Economics;
- Thierry LÉVEQUE, Journalist, Reuters news agency;
- Craig COPETAS, Journalist, author of "Metal Men, Marc Rich and his 10-billion-dollar scam";
- Sofiane ABOURA, Professor of Finance, Paris-Dauphine University.
Programme prepared and produced by Wassim Nasr, David Boratav and Mary Colombel