Latest update: 15/06/2012
- Barack Obama - Hillary Clinton - Russia - sanctions - Syria - Vladimir Putin - weapons
Arms race in Syria: US and Russia trade accusations as killing spirals (Part 2)
An escalating war of words between Washington and Moscow mirrors an escalating arms race for Syria. François Picard’s panel reacts to a France 24 report that goes to the big Paris arms expo to show how weapons sales can be both bashed and blessed by the same politicians.
- Aymeric ELLUIN, Head of campaign "Arms & Impunity", Amnesty International;
- Anton KOSLOV, Associate professor, American Graduate School of International Diplomacy;
- Bilal Y. SAAB, Visiting Fellow, Monterey Institute;
- Rahaf HARFOUSH, Information Technology Consultant.
Programme prepared and produced by Wassim Nasr, Anelise Borges and Mary Colombel