Latest update: 19/06/2012
- Angela Merkel - debt - Economic growth - euro - French economy - Germany - Greece
Saved! Oh no, wait... (part 2)
The breather proves short-lived after Greek elections that see the pro-euro centre-right come out narrowly ahead. As markets worry about the eurozone’s daunting debt level, François Picard’s panel argues over whether it’s Berlin that now faces the heat amid pressure to come up with a "grand plan" at next week’s EU summit.
- Thrasy PETROPOULOS. Managing editor, Athens News (from Athens);
- Craig COPETAS. Paris-based journalist;
- Harold HAU. Professor of Finance, University of Geneva & Swiss Finance Institute;
- Julia CAGÉ. Economist at Harvard University and Paris School of economics.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Wassim Nasr.