Latest update: 02/07/2012
- debt - Egypt - Europe - European markets - healthcare reform - Northern Ireland - Queen Elizabeth II
The World This Week - June 29th, 2012 (Part 2)
Did Europe finally make serious headway in solving its crisis and did Italy get the better of Germany like it did in football? Also, why Egypt’s first civilian president told crowds he doesn’t need a bullet-proof vest, explaining the Obamacare row to Europeans, and the Queen’s handshake with Sinn Fein’s Martin McGuinness.
- Ulrike KOLTERMANN, Freelance Journalist, Former Paris Bureau Chief, Deutsche Presse-Agentur;
- Craig COPETAS, Paris-based journalist;
- Dave CLARK, Paris Deputy Bureau Chief, AFP;
- Tangi SALAÜN, Journalist, Thomson Reuters, Author, "L'Egypte de Tahrir" ("The Egypt of Tahrir").
Program prepared and produced by Christopher Davies, Anelise Borges and Mary Colombel