Latest update: 19/07/2012
- Arab world - Bashar al-Assad - Kofi Annan - peace - Syria - UN Security Council
The battle for Damascus (part 2)
A game changer in Syria? After a bomb strikes at the heart of power, Laura Baines' panel discusses whether the battle for Damascus sounds the death knell for Bashar al-Assad's regime.
- Mahmoud GABASH. Syrian activist;
- Radwan ZIADEH. Member, Syrian National Council (from Washington);
- Luis PERAL. Research Fellow, European Institute for Security Studies;
- Borzou DARAGAHI. Middle East Correspondent, Financial Times (from Beirut);
- Jonathan PARIS. Senior Fellow, The Atlantic Council of the United States (from York, UK).
Produced Laura Baines, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.