Bayern Munich won their fifth Champions League title on Saturday with a 2-1 victory over another German team, Borussia Dortmund, at London's Wembley Stadium.
Latest update: 23/07/2012
- Bashar al-Assad - Economic crisis - euro - North Korea - Olympic Games - Spain - Syria - UK - UN Security Council
The World This Week - July 20th, 2012
We focus on the deepening strife in Syria after a week of raging street battles in the capital Damascus for the first time in the country's 17-month uprising. How hard will Assad strike back? We also take stock of the latest fiascos to beset the Olympics Games' organisers a week before the opening ceremony, and ask how London's mayor manages to stay so upbeat.
- Anne-Elisabeth Moutet. Columnist, The Sunday Telegraph;
- Vivienne Walt. Contributor, Time Magazine;
- Patrick Vignal. Senior Correspondent, Reuters French service;
- Philippe Moreau Chevrolet. Columnist, Nouvel Observateur.
Produced by Douglas Herbert, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Paul Maakad.