Latest update: 25/07/2012
- bailout - ECB - Economic crisis - Economic growth - euro - eurozone - Germany - Greece - Spain
European powerhouse under threat
Eurozone leaders hoping for a summer respite from the debt crisis will be sorely disappointed, amid fresh signs that Greece is unable to pay back its debts, Spanish stocks that continue to slump after borrowing costs hit a new record, and Germany - the sole engine of growth in the eurozone - hit with a warning from the ratings agencies.... So, is Moody's right?
- Bernard De MONTFERRAND. Former French Ambassador to Germany;
- Gérard DUSSILLOL. President of the Public Finance Commission, Thomas More;
- Sofiane ABOURA. Professor of Finance, Université Paris Dauphine;
- Dany LANG. Economist, Member of the group "Appalled economists".
Produced by Laura Baines, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Wassim Nasr.