Latest update: 31/07/2012
- economy - Europe - European Union - Far-right - Hungary - José Manuel Barroso - Romania
Brussels' new headache: does EU equal democracy? (part 2)
A second attempt to oust the president of Romania in less than five years has sparked fears about the rule of law in the eastern bloc. Laura Baines and her panel discuss whether the EU is facing a challenge to democracy in its eastern wing, whether false hope was placed in Romanian democracy, and how the EU should react.
- George-Frederick JEWSBURY, Historian & Associate Researcher at CERCEC (Research Center for Russia, Center Europe and Caucas);
- Iulia BADEA-GUÉRITÉ, Romanian Editor at presseurop.eu;
- Sorin IONITA, Political analyst , Expert Forum;
- Corina STRATULAT, Policy Analyst, European Policy Centre think tank.
Programme prepared and produced by Wassim Nasr, Sara Bertilsson and Mary Colombel