Not so super Mario: the head of the European central bank fails to reassure investors worried about the eurozone crisis. Stocks fall and borrowing costs for Spain and Italy rise. This was clearly not the big bazooka markets were waiting for. Laura Baines and her panel discuss what it will take to restore confidence.
- Thierry PHILIPPONAT, Secretary-General, Finance Watch;
- Dany LANG, Economist and Member of "Appalled economists";
- Yanis VAROUFAKIS, Professor of Economics Athens University;
- Raphael DOUADY, Co-Founder and Research Director Riskdata, research director CNRS and member of Club Praxis Think tank;
- Matthew WARREN, France 24 Business Editor.
Watch the second part
Programme prepared and produced by Wassim Nasr, Sara Bertilsson