Latest update: 07/08/2012
- Benjamin Netanyahu - Egypt - Israel - Middle East - Mohammed Morsi - terrorism
Egypt-Israel: An uneasy peace, a common foe
For the past 30 years, Israel and Egypt have shared what is often referred to as a "cold peace". Laura Baines and her panel discuss if the two countries' common enemy, terrorism in the Sinai, could push them to cooperate, or instead unravel a 33-year-old peace.
- Myra MAHDY DARIDAN, Egyptian Author and Researcher; Former Member of the Social and Economic Council in France;
- Gil MIHAELY, Journalist, Yedioth Ahronoth (Israeli daily newspaper);
- Omar ASHOUR, Director of Middle East Studies at the Institutes of Arab and Islamic Studies at the University of Exeter;
- Ron BEN YISHAI, National Security Commentator for Ynet (Israeli news website of Yedioth Ahronoth).
Programme prepared and produced by Diaraye Bah, Sara Bertilsson and Mary Colombel