Getting to the truth in Syria has proved a major challenge for foreign journalists. Barred from reporting, news organisations have often been forced to rely on so-called citizen journalism. Amateur videos uploaded to the internet provide a snapshot of the horrors unfolding in Syrian cities, but they do not tell a complete story. Laura Baines and her panel try to paint a clearer picture of what's happening on the ground in Syria.
- Lama KHAYER, Media activist, freelance journalist;
- Michael WEISS, Communications Director for the Henry Jackson Society, a foreign policy think tank;
- Jonathan PARIS, London-based Middle East Analyst, Senior Fellow, the Atlantic Council of the United States;
- Chady CHLELA, France 24 Correspondent;
- Jasper MORTIMER, France 24's Turkey correspondent;
- Mathieu MABIN, France 24 Senior Correspondent.
Watch the second part
Programme prepared and produced by Diaraye Bah, Sara Bertilsson and Mary Colombel