Niger President Mahamadou Issoufou has told FRANCE 24 that the terrorists responsible for Thursday's twin attack on a military base and a French uranium mine in Niger came from Libya.
Latest update: 10/08/2012
- China - Communist parties - Hu Jintao - justice - murder - trial - Wen Jiabao
China's trial of a century: Cracks in the monolith?
It has all the hallmarks of a crime potboiler: murder, money and intrigue; a court case that's shed unwanted light on the inner machinations of China's Communist Party leadership. After only seven hours in court, officials say Gu Kailai, the wife of the deposed political leader Bo Xilai, along with an accomplice, had all but confessed to poisoning a British businessman. There is no verdict as yet but the case is a massive embarrassment for the Communist Party.
- Jean-Paul TCHANG, Economist and financier / China specialist;
- Emmanuel LINCOT, Chair, Contemporary China Studies (Catholic University of Paris);
- Ola WONG, Journalist & Writer;
- Fabienne CLÉROT, Research Fellow, IRIS think tank.
Programme prepared and produced by Wassim Nasr, Sara Bertilsson and Mary Colombel