Italy’s constitutional court has rejected former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi’s challenge to a four-year jail sentence and five-year ban from public office handed to him in 2012 for tax fraud on TV rights bought by his Mediaset media empire.
Latest update: 14/08/2012
Morsi makes his move (part 2)
Surprise! Egypt's new president plays his hand and retires the defence minister of 21 years. Does it truly signal the end of military rule and will the Muslim Brotherhood remain true to its electoral promises?
- Ahmed MOSTAFA, Egyptian activist
- Claude GUIBAL, Senior Correspondent, Radio France
- Abdul-Mawgoud DADERY, Member of Parliament, Freedom & Justice Party (Muslim Brotherhood) (from Luxor, Egypt)
- Omar ASHOUR, Director of Middle East studies, University of Exeter, UK (from Cairo)
- Gawdat BAHGAT, Professor of National Security Affairs at National Defense University (from Washington)
Produced by Shamira Muhammad, Valériane Gauthier, Sara Bertilsson