Latest update: 16/08/2012
- Bashar al-Assad - China - Russia - Syria - Turkey - UN Security Council - war crimes
The Battle of Damascus
It’s a long road to Damascus for France 24’s reporters. When they went into Syria last month with the rebels, they found danger and a lot of determination on both sides. But is fighting the only solution? François Picard’s panel is of two minds.
- Sofia AMARA. Senior Reporter;
- Haytham MANNA. President, National Committee for Democratic Change;
- Radwan ZIADEH. Member, Syrian National Council (from Washington DC);
- Ole SOLVANG. Human Rights Watch Phoner (from Aleppo, Syria).
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Shamira Muhammad.