IMF chief Christine Lagarde has been given 'assisted witness' status and will not be placed under investigation in the Bernard Tapie arbitration case.
Latest update: 27/08/2012
- Barack Obama - Bashar al-Assad - Ecuador - Jacob Zuma - Julian Assange - Mitt Romney - Rafael Correa - South Africa - Syria - UN Security Council
The World This Week - August 17th, 2012 (part 2)
The US presidential campaign has definitely picked up since Mitt Romney announced his running mate. Now comes the battle for a shrinking number of undecided voters. Also, strong language on Syria serves to mask the West’s limited options, and lessons learned from South Africa’s worst massacre since Apartheid.
- Steven ERLANGER. Paris Bureau Chief, New York Times;
- Ulrike KOLTERMANN. Freelance journalist;
- Michael KIRTLEY. Journalist, National Geographic & Africa International;
- Mathieu MABIN. Senior Correspondent, France 24.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Juliette Lacharnay.