Latest update: 21/08/2012
- Africa - Jacob Zuma - South Africa - strike - unemployment - work
Massacre in South Africa (part 2)
Two decades after the fall of Apartheid, why did police open fire on mine workers? The Lonmin massacre goes beyond a dispute over wages inside platinum mines and shows up the chronic imbalances between rich and poor in today’s South Africa.
- Sipho JANUARY. France 24 Observer - from Cape Town;
- Eusebius McKAISER. Witwatersrand University - from Johannesburg;
- Ebba KALONDO. Africa Editor, France 24;
- Sean JACOBS. Assistant Professor of International Affairs, The New School; Founder, 'Africa is a Country' blog - from New York.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.