Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s revered anti-apartheid leader and the country’s first black president, has died at the age of 95, President Jacob Zuma has announced.
Latest update: 27/08/2012
- Angela Merkel - Barack Obama - Ethiopia - euro - France - François Hollande - Meles Zenawi - Mitt Romney - wine
The World This Week - August 24th, 2012 (part 2)
The vacation’s over for Europe’s politicians as they buy time - not for Greece, but for the rest of a continent scared of the economic and political consequences of a "Grexit". Also, US politics gets even more polarized ahead of the Republican convention, Ethiopia after Meles Zenawi and why Burgundy villagers are seeing red over a Chinese tycoon’s big buy.
- Anne Bagamery. Senior Editor, International Herald Tribune;
- Aude Baron. Editor in Chief, "Le Plus" Nouvel Obs;
- Tunde Fatunde. Journalist, Lagos Guardian Newspaper;
- Craig Copetas. Correspondent-at-large, Quartz/The Atlantic Group.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Paul Maakad.