US President Barack Obama has urged Russia to agree to cut nuclear arms by up to one third in a speech given at Germany’s historic Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, 50 years after JFK’s famous “Ich bin ein Berliner” speech.
Latest update: 28/08/2012
- diplomacy - François Hollande - French military - French politics - Libya - Nicolas Sarkozy - Syria - UN Security Council
The world according to Hollande (part 2)
Nicolas Sarkozy had Libya. Will François Hollande have Syria? Critics accuse France’s new president of being too understated when it comes to Syria. François Picard’s panel argues over whether the Socialist leader’s hands-off approach is what is needed.
- Régis LE SOMMIER. Deputy Editorial Director, Paris Match;
- Ole SOLVANG. Emergencies Researcher, Humans Right Watch;
- Luis PERAL. Research Fellow, European Institute for Security Studies;
- Robert ZARATE. Policy Director, Foreign Policy Initiative - from Washington.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Diaraye Bah.