The Colombian government extends an olive branch to the country's biggest guerrilla group, the FARC. Annette Young and her panel discuss whether the FARC is deciding to go mainstream or if it is merely a political ploy by Colombia's president who wants to run again in the next election.
- Dorly CASTANEDA, Consultant in peacebuilding in Colombia;
- Colin HARDING, Director, Latin Forum;
- Virginie BOUVIER, Senior Program Officer for Latin America at the United States Institute of Peace (USIP);
- Pascal DROUHAUD, Latin American Specialist, Author, "FARCS, Confession of a guerrilla";
- Alexis MASCIARELLI, International Affairs Desk, France 24.
Watch the first part
Programme produced and prepared by Diaraye BAH, Anelise Borges and Mary Colombel