Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s revered anti-apartheid leader and the country’s first black president, has died at the age of 95, President Jacob Zuma has announced.
Latest update: 05/09/2012
- Arab League - Arab world - Freedom of the press - politics - Tunisia
Tunisia: democracy in danger? (part 2)
Is Tunisia's democracy already under threat before it's even approved a constitution? François Picard’s panel accuses the Islamist-led government of turning a blind eye to Salafist attacks while throwing artists and journalists in jail.
- Lina BEN MHENNI. Tunisian blogger (from Tunis);
- Adnane BEN YOUCEF. Representative of the Aljoumhouri party in France;
- Sylvie JACQUOT-BARRAULT. Law Professor, Université Paris-Sud;
- Borzou DARAGAHI. Cairo Correspondent, Financial Times (from Cairo).
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.