The radical Islamists of Tunisia's Ansar al-Sharia movement on their website asked their supporters not to attend a rally planned in the city of Kairouan, a day after vowing to defy a government ban on the planned rally.
Latest update: 07/09/2012
- education - France - François Hollande - OECD - schools
Education: What do the French know?
The new French president promises more teachers this school year, but it will take more than money to fix an education system that François Picard’s panel finds mismatched with today’s job market.
- Anne-Elizabeth MOUTET, Columnist, Sunday Telegraph;
- Adrienne COVINGTON, Middle School Principal, American Section of the Lycée International (St Germain en Laye, France);
- Jean-Rémi GIRARD, National Secretary for learning, SNALC-FGAF teachers union;
- Andreas SCHLEICHER, Directorate for Education, Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
Produced by Diaraye Bah, Mary Colombel, Anelise Borges