Latest update: 06/09/2012
- Angela Merkel - ECB - euro - eurozone - financial crisis - Germany - Spain
Waiting for Mario
It could well be a watershed moment for the euro. But can Mario Draghi’s bond-buying plan both soothe the markets and pressure Europe to reform? François Picard’s panel looks at a European Central Bank torn over how to save the likes of Spain.
- Jean Paul BETBEZE, Chief economist, Crédit Agricole;
- Stefan DE VRIES, Paris Correspondent, RTL4;
- Markus KARLSSON, France 24 Business editor
- Peter BILD, Journalist (from Berlin),
Produced by Christopher Davis, Mary Colombel, Anelise Borges.