Latest update: 18/09/2012
- Arab world - Barack Obama - Islam - Muslims - Tunisia - US politics
Tunisia in turmoil: Split over anti-US violence
It’s where the Arab Spring began. Now will Tunisia’s moderate Islamist Ennhada party come out more forcefully against hardliners as a result of anti-US attacks? To some, the transitional government is overwhelmed by events; to others, it’s hostage to those in its midst who condone the hardliners.
- Moncef CHEIKH ROUHOU. Member of Tunisia's Progressive Democratic Party (from Tunis);
- Jalila HEGHLI-PEUGNET. President, Think Ahead for Tunisia;
- Adnane BEN YOUSSEF. Representative of the Aljoumhouri Party in France;
- Steve McINERNEY. Executive Director, Project on Middle East Democracy (from Washington).
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Shamira Muhammad.