Latest update: 26/09/2012
- Arab world - Barack Obama - Libya - Muammar Gaddafi - Tripoli - US politics
Libya put to the test (part 2)
Two weeks after the killing of the US ambassador in Benghazi, Tripoli finds itself with the unenviable task of trying to disarm Salafist militias. François Picard’s panel looks at what to do to build a nation-state that, in point of fact, never existed under Gaddafi.
- Mohamed ABU SIDRA. Mediator between the Libyan Government and Ansar al Charia (from Tripoli, Libya);
- Walid PHARES. Foreign Policy Advisor to Mitt Romney and Advisor to the United States Congress (from Washington);
- Pierre CONESA. French Political Institute Sciences Po; Former High Commissioner, French Defence Ministry;
- Douglas HERBERT. France 24 International Affairs Editor.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.