How did a Tunisian woman allegedly raped by police officers suddenly find herself in the dock? The public prosecutor’s case against her for "public indecency" sparks outrage in the nation that triggered the Arab Spring. François Picard's panel worries about the future of women’s rights in Tunisia, Egypt and beyond.
- Jalila HEDHLI-PEUGNET, President, 'Think Ahead for Tunisia';
- Taoufik MATHLOUTHI, Tunisian political activist, Founder of Mecca Cola;
- Eleanor BEARDSLEY, Journalist, NPR;
- Bernice DUBOIS, Secretary General of the French coordination of the European Woman's Lobby (EWL);
- Shaima EL-AIMY, Egyptian Revolutionary Activist.
Programme prepared and produced by Christopher Davies, Anelise Borges and Mary Colombel