Latest update: 04/10/2012
- crime - France - François Hollande - French economy - French politics - gang violence - Socialist Party (France) - suburbs
The French interior calls it a massacre. The same working-class suburb of Grenoble that saw riots in 2010 is reeling from the brutal stabbing and bludgeoning death of two 21-year olds by a mob. After the law-and-order days of Nicolas Sarkozy, what is the answer of the ruling Socialists to violence and alienation in the French "banlieues"?
- Laura SLIMANI. National Secretary for Europe, Socialist Party youth movement;
- Charles GIVADINOVITCH. National Secretary, UMP Party;
- Tony KENNEYBREW. Attorney, member of the Paris Bar;
- Salima BELHADJ. Producer, France 24;
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.