Latest update: 05/10/2012
- Bashar al-Assad - NATO - Recep Tayyip Erdogan - Syria - Turkey - war
Syria: Turkey's next move
Turkey retaliates for the shelling of a border town, but intervention is clearly not on the cards. As Syria descends into what the Guardian's Martin Chulov describes as a "sectarian abyss", should Ankara - which now hosts nearly 100,000 refugees - draw NATO into the conflict?
- Suat KINIKLIOĞLU, Director, Stratim (Center for Strategic Communication); AK Party Deputy Chairman for External Affairs (from Ankara);
- Martin CHULOV, Middle East Correspondent for The Guardian (from Beirut),
- Kamal AL-LABWANI, Syrian dissident (from Stockholm);
- Anton KOSLOV, Associate Professor, American Graduate School of Paris.
Produced by Wassim Nasr, Pauline Heilmann, Mary Colombel, Anelise Borges