The Scots, Flemish, and Catalans all clamour for independence in the name of European federalism. But will breaking away really give them more control over their destiny or just make them more dependent on Brussels?
- Linda FABIANI. MSP, Scottish National Party (from Edinburgh);
- Pamela LINTINGRE. President, Alumni of the University of Edinburgh in France;
- Toni CRUANYES. Correspondent, TV3 (from Brussels);
- Eoin O BROIN. Economic and European policy advisor for Sinn Fein. Author, "Matxinada, Basque Nationalism & Radical Basque Youth Movements" (from Dublin).
- Christophe ROBEET. European Affairs Editor, France 24.
Produced by Anelise Borges, François Picard, Mary Colombel, Shamira Muhammad.
Watch the second part here.