Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s revered anti-apartheid leader and the country’s first black president, has died at the age of 95, President Jacob Zuma has announced.
Latest update: 23/10/2012
- Bashar al-Assad - Beirut - Lebanon - Sectarian violence - shiite - Sunni - Syria
Will Lebanon erupt? (part 2)
How long can Lebanon keep a lid on it? In what looks like a spillover of the conflict in Syria, sectarian violence spikes following what could be Beirut’s most destabilizing political assassination since the killing of former prime minister Rafiq Hariri.
- Elie ABDEL HAYE. Coordinator of the March 14th Coalition in France;
- Pierre ROUSSELIN. Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Le Figaro;
- Jonathan SPYER. Journalist. Author, "The Transforming Fire: The Rise of the Israel-Islamist Conflict" (from Jerusalem);
- Hicham JABER. Head, Middle East Center for Studies & Political Affairs (from Beirut);
- Javier ESPINOSA. Middle East Correspondent, El Mundo (from Beirut);
Produced by Anelise Borges, François Picard, Mary Colombel, Shamira Muhammad.