Latest update: 26/10/2012
- Africa - African politics - business - corruption - France - French politics - Nigeria - OECD - US politics
Bribes and business: How to stop the rot?
Nigeria has known other corruption scandals, but the latest one blows the whistle on a whopping $29 billion worth of siphoned gas revenues over ten years. François Picard’s panel looks at the foreign companies allegedly implicated and why France is being singled out for failing to crack down on corporate bribes to foreign officials.
- Patrick SMITH. Editor-in-Chief, The Africa Report;
- Frederick T DAVIS. Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP;
- Patrick MOULETTE. Anti-Corruption Division Chief, OECD;
- Lai YAHAYA. Lawyer, economist and policy entrepreneur, TransparentAid (from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia).
Produced by Anelise Borges, François Picard, Mary Colombel, Cristopher Davis.