After winning re-election, Barack Obama might just have a stronger hand as he negotiates a deal on the country's debt. So argues François Picard’s panel, which points to a US election vote that favoured moderates over hardliners.
- Steven ERLANGER, New York Times Paris Bureau Chief;
- Stéphanie ANTOINE, France 24 Business Editor;
- Christopher DICKEY, Paris Bureau Chief and Middle East Regional Editor, Newsweek;
- Denis DEMONPION, Le Nouvel Observateur;
and our correspondents:
- Laura BAINES in Washington;
- Nathan KING in New York;
- Philip CROWTHER in Boston.
Watch the first part
Programme prepared and produced by Shamira Muhammad, Yann Pusztai and Mary Colombel