In China, the Communist Party is meeting to name its new chief, Xi Jinping. Meanwhile, as its population gets richer, their demands get louder: more and more Chinese people want an accountable and transparent government. Annette Young and her panel discuss whether the new leadership will be ready to tackle corruption while implementing reforms.
- Guo BAI. Co-author, "China's path: Capitalism and Empire". Former Economics advisor at the French Embassy in China;
- Emmanuel LINCOT. Editor-in-Chief, "Monde Chinois" Magazine;
- Adama GAYE. Journalist and writer. Author, "China-Africa: the Dragon and the Ostrich";
- Henry MORTON. France 24 Beijing Correspondent;
- Florence VILLEMINOT. France 24 journalist;
- Richard MCGREGOR. Former Beijing correspondent, Financial Times (from Washington, DC).
Produced by Annette Young, Anelise Borges, Nicola Hebden.