Latest update: 12/11/2012
- Barack Obama - China - Democrats (USA) - François Hollande - Gay marriage - Republicans (USA) - US elections 2012
The World this Week - November 9th, 2012
Can Barack Obama convert his larger-than-expected electoral win into a lasting legacy? With the same fractious balance of power in Washington, François Picard’s panel stands divided over the relative strength of the re-elected president’s bargaining position. Also, the new challenges facing China’s old guard and why politicians are behind the curve when it comes to gay marriage.
- Craig Copetas. Correspondent-at-large, Quartz/The Atlantic Group;
- Vivienne Walt. Contributor, Time Magazine;
- Michael Kirtley. Journalist, National Geographic & Africa International. Independent filmmaker;
- Anne Penketh. Freelance journalist.
Produced by Anelise Borges, François Picard, Nicola Hebden.