François Hollande spells out France’s "very serious" situation, but the straight talk only goes so far, argue panellists who hoped that at his first major press conference, Hollande would own up to his implementation of austerity.
- Philippe MOREAU-CHEVROLET, Columnist, Nouvel Observateur;
- Craig COPETAS, Correspondent-at-large, Quartz/Atlantic Group;
- Valérie RABAULT, Vice-President, National Financial Commission, French National Assembly;
- Felix MARQUARDT, President, Marquardt & Marquardt;
- Marc PERELMAN, France 24 Politics Editor.
Watch the second part
Programme produced and prepared by Shamira Mohammad, Anelise Borges and Mary Colombel