Latest update: 30/11/2012
- Benjamin Netanyahu - Fatah - Hamas - Israel - Israeli settlements - Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Mahmoud Abbas - Palestinian Authority - United Nations
The Palestinian bid: what will enhanced UN status change? (part 2)
For the Palestinians, it’s recognition that’s long overdue. For the Israelis, it’s yet another obstacle to kick-starting direct talks. In the France 24 Debate, officials from Ramallah and Tel Aviv weigh in ahead of the UN General Assembly’s vote on an upgraded UN status for Palestine.
- Sabri SAIDAM. Member, Fatah's Revolutionary Council (from Ramallah);
- Avi PAZNER. Israeli government spokesperson (from Tel Aviv);
- Renée PRANGE. Member of non-governmental group France Palestine Solidarite;
- Charles MEYER. Vice President, France-Israel Association.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.