Latest update: 05/12/2012
- Arab world - Barack Obama - Bashar al-Assad - Iran - NATO - Syria
No exit for Assad? (part 2)
Is the heightened fear of Damascus using chemical weapons based on tangible evidence, or a deduction based on the go-for-broke attitude of the Assad regime? Also, François Picard’s panel argues over whether NATO’s "red line" really means intervention in Syria.
- James JEFFREY. Visiting Fellow, Washington Institute for Near East Policy. Former US Ambassador to Iraq and Turkey (from Washington);
- Murat YETKIN. Editor-in-Chief, Hürriyet Daily News (from Istanbul);
- Oleg KOBTZEFF. Professor, American University of Paris;
- Rahaf HAFOUSH. Editorial Director, Syriadeeply.org;
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Claire Williams, Christopher Davis.