Latest update: 06/12/2012
- Austerity - David Cameron - eurozone - François Hollande - George Osborne - Jean-Marc Ayrault - UK - UK politics
The argument over austerity: Franco-British divide over tackling the crisis (part 2)
British Conservatives say "belt-tightening" while French Socialists say "growth". François Picard’s panel argues over the ocean of difference in the way the two countries spin everything from growth and steel industry layoffs to EU plans for a banking union.
- Bill CASH. Conservative MP (from London);
- Philip CORDERY. French Socialist MP (from Brussels);
- Jean Paul BETBEZE. Chief Economist, Crédit Agricole;
- Mark DEEN. Journalist, Bloomberg.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.