More than 100 countries now recognize the newly-formed Syrian coalition as the sole representative of the Syrian people. This paves the way for greater assistance to the forces fighting the Assad regime. They had been criticised for being not organized and representative enough. But as diplomatic activity ramps up, the situation for Syrian refugees worsens by the hour. Annette Young and her panel discuss how the humanitarian situation could be resolved.
- Luis PERAL, Research Fellow, EUISS;
- Gilbert POTIER, Director of international operations, Doctors of the World;
- Gerry SIMPSON, Senior Researcher, Human Rights Watch;
- Majid RAFIDAZEH, International American Council.
- Andrew HARPER, UNCHR Representative (from Amman, Jordan).
Programme prepared and produced by Christopher Davis, David Boratav and Ines Bebea