Europe has clinched a deal to give the European Central Bank new powers to supervise eurozone banks from 2014. After hours of torturous negotiations, the agreement has been hailed as a much-needed measure to stabilise the battered single currency. Annette Young and her panel discuss whether a banking union is part of the solution to the European crisis.
- Anne BAGAMERY, Senior Editor, International Herald Tribune;
- Thomas FRIANG, Founder of Youth Diplomacy and Editor for EuropaNova;
- Markus KARLSSON, France 24 Business Editor;
- Nigel FARAGE, Member of European Parliament, UKIP;
- Christophe ROBEET, France 24 Europe Editor;
- Graham WATSON, Liberal Democrat, Member of European Parliament.
Programme prepared and produced by Christopher Davis, David Boratav and Ines Bebea