As the French President visits Algeria, Laura Baines and her panel discuss whether atoning for the sins of colonialism will help France access the lucrative markets of the future and why, 50 years after the independence, are so many French Algerians still excluded from society.
- Pierre CONESA, Former High ranking office at the French Ministry of Defense
- Alexandre KATEB, Professor at Sciences Po Paris and Economist at Competence Finance.
- Nadir DENDOUNE, Journalist
- Malek SERRAI, Former Advisor to President Bouteflika
- James Creedon, France 24 Media correspondent
watch the first part
Programme prepared and produced by Christopher Davis, David Boratav and Mary Colombel