Latest update: 21/12/2012
- Angela Merkel - China - European Union - Germany - Iran - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - nuclear Iran - Xi Jinping
The World Next Year (part 2)
In 2013, Iran returns to the polls a different country in a different region from four years ago. Also, Angela Merkel rules the roost in the run-up to Germany’s general election, and will it be continuity or change under new leadership in China?
- A. Craig Copetas, Correspondent-at-large, Quartz/The Atlantic Group;
- Christopher Dickey, Newsweek Paris Bureau Chief/Mideast Editor;
- Anne Penketh, Freelance journalist specialised in diplomatic and security issues;
- Hamdam Mostafavi, Journalist, Iran Desk, Courrier international.
Programme prepared and produced by Paul Maakad, Molly Hall and Mary Colombel