Latest update: 11/01/2013
- Assassinations - France - François Hollande - Iran - Iraq - Kurdistan - Kurds - Recep Tayyip Erdogan - Turkey
Kurdish activists assassinated in Paris (part 2)
Will the assassination of three Kurdish activists kill the peace process? The three murders, including that of a key go-between to imprisoned PPK leader Abdullah Öcalan, come just as Ankara announced talks to end a conflict that’s lasted nearly three decades.
- Ali KAZANCIGIL. Political analyst. Co-director of the journal Anatoli, CNRS Editions. Former Director, Int. Development of Social and Human Sciences, UNESCO;
- Dorothée SCHMID. Director, Contemporary Turkey Program at the IFRI;
- Kendal NEZAN. President, Kurdish Institute of Paris. Board member, Washington Kurdish Institute;
- Shwan ZULAL. Kurdish Blogger. Political and risk analyst (from London).
Produced by Anelise Borges, François Picard, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.