French jets are pounding positions in the north as they try to prevent jihadists from advancing on Bamako. More help is on the way, with soldiers from across West Africa due to arrive within days, while France itself is to triple the number of its own troops. Laura Baines and her panel discuss whether France has committed itself to a long and difficult campaign in Africa.
- Patrick SMITH, Editor-in-Chief, The Africa Report;
- Douglas YATES, Professor of Political Science, AUP;
- Donaig LEDU, Senior Editor, France 24;
- Alexandre VAUTRAVERS, Head of International Relations Dept., Webster University, Geneva;
- Philomène REMY, France 24 Correspondent (from Bamako).
Watch the first part
Programme prepared and produced by Isabelle Sarton du Jonchay, Anelise Borges and Mary Colombel