Latest update: 24/01/2013
- Angela Merkel - euro - European Union - France - François Hollande - Germany
The odd couple: Franco-German treaty at 50 (Part 2)
De Gaulle wanted a "Europe of nations", Adenauer espoused more federalism. Fifty years on, what’s changed? With the euro under strain, François Picard’s panel argues over two distinct visions for making the Franco-German couple last.
- Jacques MYARD. UMP MP, Member of the Foreign Affairs Commission;
- Thomas FRIANG. Editor, Europa Nova;
- Jakob HAESLER. CEO, Tinyclues;
- Markus KERBER. Professor of Political Economy, Technische Universität Berlin (from Berlin);
- Elmar BROK. CDU MEP. Chairman, European Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee (from Brussels)
Produced by Anelise Borges, François Picard, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.