Niger President Mahamadou Issoufou has told FRANCE 24 that the terrorists responsible for Thursday's twin attack on a military base and a French uranium mine in Niger came from Libya.
Latest update: 29/01/2013
- Africa - African Union - al Qaeda - ECOWAS - France - François Hollande - French military - Islamist militants - Mali - Nigeria
After Timbuktu (part 2)
French forces hurry into key northern cities of Mali. But are jihadists and Tuareg rebels on the run, or digging in for a fight on their home turf in the mountains of the north-east? François Picard’s panel takes the long view on the battle to restore Mali’s territorial integrity.
- Aboudou CHEKA TOURE. ECOWAS Special Representative in Mali (from Bamako);
- Jean Charles BRISARD. CEO, JCB Consulting International;
- Michael KIRTLEY. Journalist, National Geographic & Africa International. Independent filmmaker;
- William JORDAN. Retired US Diplomat.
Produced by Anelise Borges, François Picard, Catherine Clifford, Christopher Davis.