As French forces take control of northern Mali, separatist Tuareg rebels switch sides. But is the MNLA a viable partner in flushing out jihadist rebels... and in cutting a deal that will give the desert north its long-sought autonomy?
- Michael KIRTLEY, Journalist, National Geographic & Africa International, Independent filmmaker;
- William JORDAN, Former Deputy Chief of Mission, US Embassy of Algiers;
- Vincent DESPORTES, Retired French Army general, Professor of Military Strategy, Sciences Po and HEC;
- Al Hassane KANTÉ, Malian MBA Student, London Business School;
- Eve IRVINE, France 24 Correspondent (from Bamako, Mali).
Watch the second part
Programme prepared and produced by Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel and Christopher Davis