Latest update: 08/02/2013
- China - Egypt - France - Gay marriage - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - Mohammed Morsi - Tunisia - UK
The World This Week - February 8th
For most, Chinese New Year means the annual mad scramble home. But for the happy few in today’s China, replace overcrowded train ride with the gift of a snakeskin Bentley to celebrate what else but the Year of the Snake. Also, a turning point in Tunisia with ripple effects in Egypt and France’s acrimonious same sex marriage debate turns homophobic.
- Craig Copetas. Correspondent-at-large, Quartz/The Atlantic Group;
- Christopher Dickey. Newsweek Paris Bureau Chief / Mideast Editor;
- Hamdam Mostafavi. Journalist, Iran Desk, Courrier international;
- Ahmed El Key. Head of News for the Arabic Channel, France 24.
Produced by Anelise Borges, François Picard, Mary Colombel, Paul Maakad.