Latest update: 13/02/2013
- African Union - France - François Hollande - Islamism - Libya - Mali - Muammar Gaddafi - weapons
Gaddafi's ghost: The spillover from Libya's lawlessness (part 2)
Mali’s not the only country feeling the spillover effect of Libya’s lawlessness as Gaddafi’s arsenal gets spent and fighters fan out across the region. The cross-border attack on an Algerian gas complex has certainly caught the West’s attention. As for Libyans, the challenge is to disarm local militias.
- William JORDAN, Former Deputy Chief of Mission of the US State Department in Algiers;
- Paul MELLY, Associate Fellow of the Africa Programme, Chatham House;
- Radidja NEMAR, Junior Researcher at IRSEM (Military Academy French Strategic Institute), Visiting Researcher at Yale Law School;
- Oliver MILES, Former British Ambassador to Libya.
Programme prepared and produced by Christopher Davis, Mary Colombel and Yann Pusztai