Latest update: 22/02/2013
- Australia - Benjamin Netanyahu - civil rights - Israel - Israeli politics - prisons - suicide
Israel's Prisoner X: when does national security trump civil liberties? (part 2)
It’s not just Australians who want answers over the alleged suicide of a dual citizen in an Israeli cell. Long known as Prisoner X, the case of Ben Zygier sparks heated discussion over how much the public should know.
- Gil MIHAELY. Columnist, Yedioth Ahronoth;
- Ron SOFER. Lawyer at the Paris and New York Bars;
- Amélie LEFEBVRE. Jurist at Paris law firm Bourdon, Voituriez & Associates;
- John LYONS. Middle East Correspondent, The Australian (from Jerusalem);
Produced by Anelise Borges, François Picard, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.