Latest update: 19/03/2013
- Cyprus - Debate - Economic crisis - economy - European markets - European Union - eurozone
Cyprus, a risky rescue
The debt of tiny Cyprus may have seemed like small change to the eurozone giants who insisted Nicosia share the pain of its bailout, but an unprecedented plan for a one-time tax on personal savings has since sent shockwaves around the world.
- Nathalie SAVARICAS. France 24 Correspondent (from Nicosia, Cyprus);
- Andreas EVAGORA. Cypriot journalist;
- Gerard DUSSILLOL. Chair of the Public Finances Committee, Thomas More Institute;
- Ronald FREEMAN. Member of the Executive Committee, Atlantic Council;
- Andrei BOUGROV. Senior Managing Director, Interros (from Moscow).
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Claire Williams, Christopher Davis.